This healthy, flavour-packed recipe from new kid on the Monaro Mall block, Gewürzhaus is super easy to knock together and makes a great mid-week meal.
In this special edition of our Minute Masterclass series, we show you how you can make them yourself with some spicy goodies available at the new Monaro Mall.
Cooking time: 1 hour
2 medium sweet potatoes
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp Gewürzhaus Chilli Con Carne
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tbsp Gewürzhaus Tex Mex Taco Spice
2 x 400g cans of black beans, drained and rinsed
1 x 400g can tomatoes, crushed
½ bunch of coriander
½ head iceberg lettuce
To serve: Lime wedges & sour cream
1. Preheat your oven to 200°C and line a large baking tray with greaseproof paper.
2. Peel and dice the sweet potatoes. Place them in a single layer on the baking tray.
3. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with the chilli con carne spice. Bake for 30-40 minutes until golden brown, tossing occasionally.
4. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large pan, add the garlic, black beans and taco spice. Stir a little until the garlic and spices are fragrant, then add the tomatoes.
5. Increase heat to a gentle simmer, and cook uncovered for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sauce has reduced and thickened.
6. Pick the leaves from the coriander, slice your avocado and shred the lettuce.
7. Take a griddle pan and place over medium heat. Warm each tortilla on one side only until it’s browned. By heating one size only, you’ll create that nice crunchy colour but still have a lovely fluffy tortilla to nestle your ingredients.
8. Layer your ingredients down the centre of your tortilla being careful not to overfill. Start with lettuce, black beans and avocado, and finish with your crispy sweet potatoes.
9. Garnish with coriander and serve with lime wedges and sour cream.
We’re wagering most cooks will feel like they’ve died and gone to heaven as soon as they step through Gewürzhaus’ level one doors… With over 350 single origin spices, herbs, salts, peppers, teas and sugars from around the globe, and over 100 exclusive small-batch blends, Gewürzhaus’ has culinary blends you didn’t even know you needed.